Senior Product Manager (m/f/d)
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Bed & Balcony department in Rheinberg/Germany, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager (m/f/d) for EMEA region.
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. The Senior Product Manager (m/f/d) is the primary contact in the product category he/she represents. He/she is focused on ensuring product category success and messaging throughout the company internally and with the sales and customer network externally. He/she acts entrepreneurial in developing right products and identifying market opportunities while maximizing profit margins within the product group.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and execute crop strategy, which includes directing the breeding activities,
• Develop and maintain the trial and commercial assortment, and positioning of varieties,
• Organize and evaluate variety trials and manage Plant Breeder Rights (PBR),
• Chair the interdisciplinary product team consisting of Breeding, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Product Management,
• Support commercial organization via training, a collateral development and delivery,
• Maintain good market knowledge and insight.
• Excellent knowledge of the relevant market,
• Familiar with statistical analysis,
• Cultural knowledge of the product line,
• Organizational skills for managing integrity of database trials & products,
• Good interpersonal skills for team building and account relations,
• Strong presentation skills for public speaking in varied settings,
• Several years of proven work experience in a similar job, preferably in horticulture,
• Good command of the English language, both verbal and written,
• Analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-cultural collaboration,
• Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel,
• Drive for improvements and motivated by rapidly changing organizations,
• Able to manage a sustained business travel requirement up to 50%.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Please visit our vacancy page on our website Dummenorange.com to apply for this job.